Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Travel always challenges my practice, even when I think I am mentally prepared and absolutely confident that I will practice everyday, no matter what.  This trip has been no different.  I did have some time while waiting at the Salt Lake airport to do a little qigong. I found it really easy to do some foot and knee qi and self massage before I headed to the boarding gates.  The terminal is spacious it felt really great to do qigong after the shuttle bus ride from Pocatello.  We were packed in there like sardines! 

Since then, I have done a little qigong here and there but certainly not what I envisioned.  I really thought I would do some full forms every day.  But I know it is important to be easy on myself and just keep moving forward.  That is part of practicing, too.  Just keep setting your intention and acting "as if".  Qigong is always with me and I can take it wherever I go.  It is not just something I do, but something I am.  

I am really looking forward to being back with all of you next week.  Class will resume on Wednesday, December 12 at 10:00AM.  

Below is a link about meditation that you might enjoy. Qigong is a meditation, whether you are doing a seated form or a standing form.  It changes our consciousness both while we are performing it and after.  It makes us more compassionate, calmer and more peaceful.  It raises our awareness and creates better health and longevity in our bodies.  So even if you only have 5 minutes and do the Three Intentful Corrections, a little knee qi or self massage, you are ensuring that you will have a better day.

See you soon!
Scientists Prove Meditation Benefits Practitioners Even When They Aren’t Meditating www.thealternativedaily.comThe Alternative Daily | Featured, Health and Wellness, Natural Health

No comments:

Post a Comment